Roasting isn’t usually the first cooking method you think of for cauliflower but the results are quite delicious Balsamic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower. The florets are cut into thick slices and tossed with extra-virgin olive oil and herbs. Wherever the flat surfaces come into contact with the hot roasting pan, a deep browning occurs that results in a sweet, nutty flavor.
4 servings, about 1 cup each
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 8 cups 1-inch-thick slices cauliflower florets, (about 1 large head; see Tip)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Toss cauliflower, oil, marjoram, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Spread on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast until starting to soften and brown on the bottom, 15 to 20 minutes. Toss the cauliflower with vinegar and sprinkle with cheese. Return to the oven and roast until the cheese is melted and any moisture has evaporated, 5 to 10 minutes more.
Tips & Notes
Tip: To prepare florets from a whole head of cauliflower, remove outer leaves. Slice off the thick stem. With the head upside down and holding a knife at a 45 degree angle, slice into the smaller stems with a circular motion, removing a plug from the center of the head. Break or cut florets into the desired size.
Per serving: 149 calories; 10 g fat ( 3 g sat , 6 g mono ); 7 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 4 g fiber; 364 mg sodium; 490 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (120% daily value), Folate (22% dv), Fiber (16% dv), Calcium (15% dv)