Hypertension Institute Hormone Program
The definition of a bioidentical hormone is simply a hormone that is atom for atom the same hormone that is endogenously produced in the human body. It is produced in a lab from the active ingredients of the wild yam and it looks and acts just like our natural hormone.
Benefits of BHRT (Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy)
- Fewer side effects than synthetic hormones
- Protection against heart disease
- Improved cholesterol, lipid and CRP (C Reactive Protein) levels
- Improved cognitive function
- Maintain healthy bones, muscles and stamina
- Slower appearance of aging
- Better maintained libido
- Feel and look younger
Causes of Hormone Imbalance
- Aging and genetics
- Poor diets excess sugar & carbohydrates, lack of healthy fats & oils, low fiber & water intake, insufficient vitamins, minerals & nutrients, processed & fast foods
- Exposure to toxins pesticides, preservatives, second-hand smoke, etc.
- Stress depletes the adrenal glands and can create an imbalance among all hormones
- Lifestyle lack of daily exercise, poor or insufficient sleep, alcohol, smoking, etc.
- Poor general health
Goals of BHRT
- Alleviate the symptoms of hormone depletion caused by aging, stress and/or environmental factors
- Give protective benefits that were originally provided with balanced hormone levels in your 20s and 30s.
- Re-establish hormone balance.