06 Apr The Hypertension Institute Receives an Educational Grant from Metagenics
The Hypertension Institute would like to thank Metagenics for an unrestricted educational grant for the ADVANCED CARDIOVASCULAR MODULE 16 to be presented at the American Academy of Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine (A4M) and the Metabolic Medicine Institute for 2019-2020.
This grant makes possible ten scholarships of $1000 each and six free textbooks, dual certification in Integrative Cardiovascular Medicine, and more to the students and attendees of this module.
The module is described below. Any medical practitioner that is interested in attending should contact A4M for more information.
ADVANCED INTEGRATIVE CARDIOVASCULAR MEDICINE (AICVM) CERTIFICATION
The American Academy of Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine (A4M), the Metabolic Medicine Institute (MMI), and the Hypertension Institute of Nashville will jointly offer this AICVM Certification/Completion Course in 2019-2020.
Director: Mark Houston MD, MS, MSc
Associate Director: Sara Gottfried MD
The traditional practice of cardiovascular medicine and its outdated educational models have reached their limits in the ability to further reduce coronary heart disease, myocardial infarction, and other CV diseases utilizing present diagnostic methodologies and treatments. The expansive opportunities of this new AICVM include the ability to change the practice of cardiovascular medicine (CVM) in the US and globally, improve patient care and CV outcomes, train new health care providers in both research and clinical practice and create a large group of new teachers/faculty to provide CV education to their colleagues and to the lay public. This course can be a foundation of future education in Integrative cardiovascular medicine globally and change the course of medicine. There is no question that this type of program is needed and the time is now. The attendees of the Advanced Cardiovascular Medicine Module 16 over the past five years have expressed an almost universal interest that this course should have an independent academic certification that reflects the value of the course, the intense amount of educational effort invested, and their recognition as experts in the field of Integrative Cardiovascular Medicine. Independent certification through an accredited university offers credibility to the course and to the attendees. This course provides an inherent competency and protective role when viewed by state and/or federal medical licensing agencies and local medical boards. The certification also provides important recognition of advanced education and competence to patients regarding their health care provider. This would be a novel and unique certification course that is not presently being offered anywhere else in the United States.
- Provide comprehensive basic and clinical education in Integrative Cardiovascular Medicine.
- Learn to apply for Integrative Clinical Cardiovascular Medicine inpatient care
- Review in-depth integrative, functional, and metabolic medicine, vascular biology, hypertension, dyslipidemia, diabetes mellitus, CHD, CHF, CVD, obesity, CV genetics, nutrigenomics, metabolomics, nutrition, nutritional supplements, lifestyle medicine, exercise, the microbiome and CVD, precision and personalized CV medicine, CV risk stratification, hormones in CVD, and integration of pharmacologic therapies.
Certification and Description of the Course
This Advanced Integrative Cardiovascular Medicine (AICVM) Certification will provide students with the opportunity to obtain dual certification and completion. The Dual Certification is awarded to each student following the completion of AICVM program. This is jointly provided by A4M/ MMI and the Hypertension Institute and requires all the items listed below.
- This certification in Advanced Integrative Cardiovascular Medicine will be completed over 2 years. This will include 96 hours of required onsite didactic instruction, webinars, and other requirements listed below.
- The didactic instruction of 96 hours cannot be taken online. Students must attend the onsite courses to qualify for this dual certification. The onsite courses will be arranged through A4M/MMI in various cities throughout the US. Dates and locations will be provided to the students well in advance. All Modules will be held on Thursday-Saturday or for 8 hours per day (24 hours total). The onsite requirement is necessary to provide updated lecture content and new speakers that have not been previously recorded. This will include Modules 16 A, B, C, D. Each of these modules is 24 hours at 8 hours per day over these three days.
- Module 16 A and 16 B are onsite during year one, 2019 (48 hours). The confirmed dates are:
- Module 16 A in San Diego, September 26-28, 2019 (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday)
- Module 16 B in Las Vegas, December 13-15, 2019. (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)
- Module 16 C and 16 D/E are onsite during year two, 2020 (48 hours). Dates and location TBA.
- Students must complete four required one-hour webinars per year on the modules presented during that year (2 webinars for Module 16 A and 2 webinars for Module 16 B in 2019 and then 2 webinars each for Module 16 C and 16 D in 2020). These will be arranged through A4M/MMI and the respective faculty.
- Attendees/students must actively participate in the online Blackboard discussions with the respective faculty for 30 days following each module. Blackboard will be provided by A4M/MMI
- Mark Houston MD, MS, MSc, and other selected faculty teaching in Module 16 will be responsible for the on-site lectures. The faculty will be internationally recognized experts in their respective fields and selected based on their educational, clinical, and teaching skills.
- The Hypertension Institute under the direction of Mark Houston MD, MS, MSc will provide ten student scholarships for the attendees/students who sign up for the entire Module 16, which includes, 16 A, 16 B, 16 C, and 16 D over the 2 years of 2019-2020 and complete all of the modules and requirements as set forth in this document. Each scholarship will be $1000.00 USD and presented to those ten attendees/students during the first Module 16 A at the 9:30 AM break based on a lottery system. Names will be drawn by the hypertension institute prior to the module.
- The Hypertension Institute will provide SIX complimentary books valued at over $500.00 to each of the attendees who sign up at the beginning for ALL four Modules: 16 A, B, C and D. See below:
Integrative Cardiovascular Medicine For The Clinician edited by Mark Houston MD, MS, MSc to be published in late 2019 or early 2020.
Two other complementary books will also be provided to each attendee who signs up at the beginning for ALL four Modules, 16 A, B, C, and D at a book signing during Module 16 A and 16 B. See below:
What Your Doctor May NOT Tell You About Heart Disease
What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Hypertension
Mark Houston MD, MS, MSc, Director Module 16 Advanced Cardiovascular Medicine
April 1, 2019